In the event of smoke or fire damage, do the following
- Stay calm! Call the trusted experts at Rainbow International of Boerne at (830) 981-2223.
- Open all the windows. This will get air moving to push the smoke out .
- Move pets and kids to a smoke-free environment. Smoke contains carcinogenic gases that can affect their health.
- Empty your refrigerator and freezer if there is no power. Prop the doors open to prevent odors from building up inside.
- Inventory the contents of your home. Make a list of all items that need replacing. Take pictures of the damage, too.
Do not attempt to do the following
- Don’t wipe down the walls, wood trim and furniture or any other absorbent surface.
- Don’t sit on or move upholstered furniture.
- Don’t consume any food product, including canned items, that were exposed to the extreme heat of the fire.
- Don’t turn on home systems like the furnace or air conditioner.
- Stay away from electrical devices like appliances, stereos or TVs, until the fire restoration service deems them safe.
- Don't send smoked garments to an ordinary dry cleaner, as improper cleaning may set the smoke/odor.
Rainbow International will