Fire Damage Restoration for Homeowners
If you’ve just experienced a fire or smoke damage at your home, you need professional help. That’s why we’re here at all hours, every day of the year to help you recover – 24/7, 365 days a year.
As certified fire remediation experts, we use the most advanced tools and equipment in the industry and apply systematic best practices honed over the 30-plus years we’ve been in the business. We put the highest value on open communication and customer service and document the entire house fire damage restoration process.
We get homes back to the condition they were in before the fire, with minimal loss of property from smoke damage.
"I just want to thank Mr. Al Watson, General Manager, and his crew for all their hard work to get my parents’ house back in good condition after our house fire. He was very professional and made me feel that we were in good hands." – Kevin J.
Just Had a Fire? Here’s What to Do Now
If you’ve just experienced a fire, you might be wondering what to do next:
- Follow all safety instructions provided by your local fire department personnel.
- Move pets and kids to a smoke-free environment. Smoke contains carcinogenic gases that can affect their health. Start with a neighbor you trust for immediate shelter, then move them to a temporary home with friends or family until the fire restoration is complete. Learn more about the impact of smoke damage.
- Open all the windows. This will get air moving to push the smoke out of the rooms.
- Make that call – you will need professional help, so before you get too busy, hire a fire remediation specialist who can start work on getting your home or business back to its original condition. Homeowners insurance policies require that policyholders take reasonable steps to “mitigate damages” (from tarping a damaged roof to boarding windows and making sure smoldering is stopped), and Rainbow can also do that for you. Rainbow International provides free estimates, has 30 years of experience, and is available when you need us most. Call (855) 724-6269 right now.
- Call your homeowners insurance carrier. All policies require that policyholders report their loss “as soon as reasonably possible.”
- Turn off your home HVAC systems.
- Empty your refrigerator and freezer if there is no power. Once empty, prop the door open to prevent odors from building up inside.
- Inventory the contents of your home. Make a list of all items that need replacing. Take pictures of the damage, too. Because, you will need copies for the insurance company, for your own personal records and possibly for the fire investigation authorities, we recommend making a digital inventory that can be accessed, anywhere.
- When you’ve completed these initial tasks, check out our House Fire Checklist and the After the Fire: Cleaning Up PDF to learn more about recovering from a fire – both the structural damage and emotional damage. You can download and print out these resources to help keep yourself on track.
There are also tasks you do not want to attempt on your own due to the toxic gases or risk of smoldering ash. Fire restoration services have the proper safety equipment to get the work done without the risks.
- Don’t use electrical devices like appliances, stereos or TVs until the fire restoration service deems them safe.
- Don’t wipe down the walls, wood trim and furniture or any other absorbent surface.
- Don’t sit on or move upholstered furniture.
- Don’t consume any food products, including canned items that were exposed to the extreme heat of the fire.
- Don’t turn on home HVAC systems like the furnace or air conditioner.
- Don’t water your indoor plants until you wipe down the leaves to remove soot.
Related Fire Remediation Services
- Water Damage Restoration
- Mold Removal
- Full-Service Reconstruction
- Window Board-up and Roof Tarp-over
Why Choose Rainbow International for Residential Fire Remediation?
We are one of the top fire damage restoration service providers in the U.S. and Canada. We owe our success to providing fast, quality, start-to-finish restoration services with the help of respectful, trustworthy and trained service professionals. We follow our 17-Steps quality assurance system to deliver the highest possible customer experience, including providing real-time status updates to you and your insurance company.
Common House Fire Scenarios
At Rainbow we’ve seen it all, and fixed every kind of fire and smoke damage imaginable. Here are the most common causes of fires and smoke damage at homes and businesses:
- Lint buildup in dryers
- Electrical fires (faulty/aged wiring, overloaded electrical outlets)
- Kitchen grease fires (and stove burners accidentally left “on”)
- Accidental igniting of flammables, such as gasoline, propane, lighter fluid and solvents
Choose Rainbow International for Residential Fire Damage Restoration
Having a fire or smoke-damage incident in your home is upsetting, and you might be feeling a sense of shock. We’re here to help you through every step of the home fire restoration process, and we’ll help you find your way back to “normal.”
If you’ve experienced a house fire, don’t wait to call in professional help. Time is of the essence.