Commercial Mold Remediation and Mold Removal Services
Mold damage is not unique to homeowners – property managers, property owners, and renters may all encounter mold problems in the spaces they lease, manage or rent. Just like mold found in homes, mold discovered in an apartment, at a business, or in a commercial building or rental home can be detrimental to its inhabitants – and a liability issue.
Keep your tenants safe and protect your investment. Choose Rainbow International for commercial inspection, remediation, and mold removal services.
What Is Mold Remediation?
Professional mold remediation, sometimes referred to as mold removal or abatement, is the process by which property, room, or items within it are removed or sanitized to kill existing mold, stop the spread of mold and prevent its return.
It’s critical that thorough mold remediation is undertaken by mold experts to ensure the safety of your property and tenants.
Why Are Commercial Mold Removal Services Important?
Exposure to mold is associated with a variety of health risks including breathing difficulties; persistent cough and cold symptoms; and irritation of the eyes, nose, throat, or lungs, and more.
As a landlord or property manager, commercial mold removal services are important because they allow you to:
- Do right by your tenants.
- Protect your investment.
- Protect yourself from liability.
What to Do If You Discover Mold in Apartments, Rental Homes, or Commercial Buildings
No matter the type or location, if you’ve discovered mold in a property you rent or manage, you need assistance from a certified mold expert like your local Rainbow International. Our commercial mold remediation process quickly and safely restores the rental property for you and your tenant.
Signs of Mold Growth
As a property manager, business owner, or landlord, keep an eye out for these signs of potential mold damage:
- Water stains on walls or ceilings
- Musty smells
- Water leaks
- Warping of beams or wooden materials
- Visible mold
What to Do If You’ve Discovered Mold in an Apartment or Rental Unit
- Remove all occupants, including pets, from the mold-affected unit.
- Locate the mold in question.
- If the mold is contained to a room with a door, keep the door closed.
- Determine the cause of the mold (a leaking appliance, water damage from a flood, roof leak) and if possible, stop the cause of the moisture.
- Contact your insurance company.
- Call your local Rainbow International. Rainbow can correct the root cause of the issue, fully remediate the mold and dry your damaged property using IICRC-certified methods and state-of-the-art equipment.
What NOT to Do:
- Ignore the problem. Mold and water damage left unchecked will likely grow into a bigger problem.
- Attempt to remediate the damage yourself.
- Encourage tenants to clean or remove the mold on their own.
- Attempt to clean the mold with hot water, soap or bleach. (Remediation should be left to the professionals.)
- Attempt to dry the space with a fan. (This will not stop mold growth and may serve to spread mold spores.)
"I always recommend Matt at Rainbow. I've received multiple compliments from my insured's letting me know what a great job they have done, and how quickly they were able to get the job done. I highly recommend this company to anyone looking for a fast, honest, & reliable restoration contractor." – Tara S.
Our Commercial Mold Remediation Process
- Mold inspection – to determine the cause and full location (spread) of the mold.
- Mold containment – to keep tenants safe while remediation is performed.
- Air filtration – to remove mold spores from the air.
- Mold remediation – to remove mold from the space.
- Structural drying – to eliminate moisture and prevent future mold growth.
- Reconstruction – to repair or replace any wood, drywall or building materials that were compromised beyond remediation.
How Long Does Mold Remediation Take?
The length of time it takes to remediate a given mold situation will depend on several factors including mold cause, the location of the mold and the extent of the damage. Factors like structural damage will add time to the estimate. Your local Rainbow International service professional will work with you to determine whether other areas of your business are safe during remediation and how long full restoration will take.
Find Mold Experts and Mold Companies Near Me
Rainbow International’s IICRC-certified mold experts serve the commercial mold remediation and mold removal needs of property managers and tenants throughout the United States and Canada. If you’ve discovered mold or water damage at your property, you need help now. We know that on top of costs associated with the remediation, property managers lose income while tenants are displaced. That’s why our services are designed to be efficient – getting you and your tenants back on your feet.