In the unfortunate event that you experience fire damage in your home or business, call Rainbow International® of Chicago North Shore at (847) 673-3473 for professional restoration service. It is important that the clean-up begins as soon as possible. Smoke residues are acidic in nature and with time they will cause surfaces to corrode or stain permanently. Smoke residues that were pressurized during the fire will permeate cracks and crevices of building materials and deposit odor-causing residues.
Rainbow International of Chicago North Shore Service Professionals will work quickly to stop the damage and restore your home and contents back to pre-fire condition by using cleaning systems and equipment that will help eliminate costly replacement of restorable items.Smoke odors can be difficult to remove due to its penetration and absorption into building materials. Rainbow’s Service Professionals have the knowledge, products and equipment to permanently remove these stubborn odors. All technicians are certified by the IICRC.
In the event of fire or smoke damage, do the following:
- Stay calm! Call Rainbow International of Chicago North Shore at 847-673-3473.
- Document your property by taking photos.
- Open all windows.
- Empty freezer and refrigerator completely if electricity is off. Prop open doors.
- Relocate pets (especially birds) to clean environments.
Rainbow International of Chicago North Shore will:
- Professionally clean upholstery, carpets, walls, ceilings, light fixtures and all other personal property items.
- Clean and protect trim and hardware on kitchen and bathroom fixtures and appliances.
- Clean and protect bathroom fixtures from smoke damage.
- Deodorize to permanently remove any smoke odor.
- Will assist with a total loss inventory or pack-out inventory as applicable.
Do not attempt the following:
- Attempt to wipe or wash the walls, ceilings, or other absorbent surfaces.
- Use upholstered furniture if it can be avoided.
- Use exposed food goods or canned goods that have been subject to excessive heat.
- Use TVs, stereos, or any other electrical appliances until cleaned and checked.
- Send smoked garments to an ordinary dry cleaner, because improper cleaning may set the smoke/odor.
- Turn on your heating and air conditioning system if it is not currently on.