Cleaning upholstery is much more challenging than cleaning carpet. First, most upholstery is far more delicate than carpet. Second, the manufacture of upholstery fabric is far more varied than carpet.
More than 80% of all carpet is manufactured from 2 synthetic fibers. Meanwhile, upholstery fabric is manufactured from dozens of different materials and blends. Each of these materials reacts differently to water, heat and cleaners.
That is why it is critical to hire a trained professional to care for your fine furniture. Rainbow International® technicians are experts at identifying cleaning challenges, and choosing the right strategy to clean even your most delicate upholstery fabrics.
Whatever the fabric, you can trust your furniture to Rainbow International. Give us a call at (843) 762-9707 to arrange for a free in-home estimate.
Properly cleaning upholstery takes six steps:
- Rainbow International inspects the furniture for any cleaning challenges. These might include frayed fabric, loose buttons or fabrics likely to bleed.
- We test the fabric to determine from what material it is made.
- We dry vacuum the upholstery. This is the best way to eliminate the dry soil on the fabric.
- We test the fabric with the cleaning agent we plan to use.
- We clean the upholstery based on the information we gathered during steps 1, 2 and 4.
- We quickly dry the upholstery using air movers (fans designed for upholstery drying). Most upholstery bleeds while they are drying. So we want to make this step as short as possible.