Mould Removal and Remediation
Call our 24/7 emergency service line at 888-435-6639 or request an estimate online. We’re ready to help.
If you’ve discovered mould, or are concerned that a slow leak may have allowed it to grow behind a wall or other unseen area, we find the mould, treat it, and do a complete water damage remediation. We put the highest value on open communication and customer service and document the entire mould removal process.
mould removal protects the health of your family or employees, preserves the structural integrity of your property, and improves the musty, damp smell associated with mould. And we help you get to the root cause of the issue, so the problem is not repeated. Happily. Even after.
“We recently had major water damage due to a washing machine overflow. Rainbow came out to the house on a Sunday night over a three-day weekend and proceeded to take the action necessary to prevent further damage working late into the night. They also completed the entire dry out which took several days and a lot of hard work. Always arrived on time and did what they promised and kept me informed of each step. It was a pleasure to deal with the entire team. I would not hesitate to recommend them for any work of this nature including mould repair and restoration work.
- Frank D.
Health Risks of mould
About 50 to 100 common types of indoor mould have the potential to create health problems. Due to the health risks associated with mould exposure, it is best to have mould remediation conducted as soon as possible. Though the type of reaction depends upon the mould present, according to both the EPA and CDC all moulds have the potential to cause health issues such as:
- Breathing difficulties
- Persistent cough or cold symptoms
- Burning or irritation of the eyes, nose, throat or lungs
- Asthma attacks
- Hypersensitivity pneumonitis
- Skin irritation
- Allergic reactions
- Opportunistic infections in immune-compromised individuals
Common mould and mould-Causing Scenarios
At Rainbow we’ve seen it all, and fixed every kind of mould problem imaginable. Here are the most common causes of mould at homes and businesses:
- Slow leaks in plumbing pipes or appliances (dishwasher, toilet, garbage disposal) that are not noticed or visible to the home or business owner
- Rooms or unseen, often dark, areas where humidity is too high and damp air is trapped for an extended period (crawl spaces, basements, attics)
- Flooding events where remediation does not begin inside 48-72 hours
- Cracks in exterior walls that allow water to seep into frame of home or business
- Leaks through roofs and exterior siding
What is mould Remediation, mould Removal and mould Abatement?
mould remediation, removal or abatement can be defined as the processes by which a room or items are cleaned and sanitized to kill existing mould, stop the spread of mould and prevent its return. mould abatement steps can also include the removal of water-soaked materials like drywall or flooring and rebuilding using mould-resistant best practices. mould cleanup is a crucial step in ensuring your home is safe after a water or flooding event.
What, and What Not, to Do If Your Suspect mould Growth in Your Home
If you’ve just discovered mould in your home or business, or experienced a water event, so you might be wondering what to do next. mould only needs two or three days to start growing after a flood or other damaging water event. To avoid having a mould problem caused by a water event, check out these water recovery tips and arrange to have the water removed within 48 hours, if possible.
If you’ve just discovered mould or suspect you have some in a hidden place – under a floor, above a ceiling, behind a wall – you need to have it inspected right away by a licensed and certified mould removal professional like Rainbow International.
mould is usually caused by a slow leak plumbing failure, too-humid indoor air, or a flood that was not professionally remediated.
Steps to take as soon as you detect mould:
- Cleaning with bleach and water, or other household disinfectants will not kill mould. Try to keep yourself, children, employees and others out of the affected area. Attempting to dry the area with a fan might disturb the spores and spread them to a new area.
- If the mould is contained to a room with a door, keep the door closed.
- Call a locally based professional mould removal service, such as Rainbow International. Make an appointment with Rainbow International (available 24/7, 365 days a year at 888-992-4174).
- You may wish to notify your insurance company. Many homeowner’s insurance policies cover mould removal, and many policies require you to report your issue “as soon as reasonably possible.”
Our mould Inspection Service and mould Abatement Process
mould remediation consists of determining the mould’s location and scope, identifying the type of mould, and then safely and completely killing the mould. In a small number of cases where moisture has caused structural rot, it is necessary to tear-out mouldy areas and repair / reconstruct.
The first step in any mould abatement process is a thorough mould inspection completed by a mould specialist. There are multiple approaches to actual mould cleanup or remediation. A Rainbow International mould and remediation specialist will work with you to decide on the best approach for your space, depending on variables such as:
- the cause of the mould
- the scope of the mould
- the type of mould
- the condition of the surface affected – drywall, wood, cinder block, cement, etc.
Rainbow’s expert mould remediation includes:
- mould Inspection. A Rainbow International contractor will come into your home to identify mouldy areas as well as the source of the problem. The contractor will then formulate a mould remediation plan.
- mould Containment. The source of the moisture problem is addressed and the affected area is closed off to avoid contaminating the rest of your home with mould spores stirred up during the removal process.
- Air Filtration. HEPA filters will be used to clean the air of mould spores and other particles. The Rainbow International specialist will also wear goggles and masks to lessen any exposure to airborne contaminants.
- mould Removal. Building materials and personal belongings in your home can be affected. Since mould is a living organism and deeply ingrains itself into materials to survive, it is best to dispose of anything porous. The safest and most effective way to ensure mould doesn’t return is to remove affected material. Nonporous materials can be cleaned with antimicrobial cleaners and sealants may be used to make treated areas more resistant to water and mould. You may need to have your heating and air conditioning systems professionally cleaned as well.
- Structural Drying. It is imperative that cleaned and repaired items remain thoroughly dry. Remember, excessive moisture is how the issue started. As a result, your Rainbow International mould remediation specialist will likely cover moisture management strategies to ensure your home doesn’t encounter future issues.
- Home or Business Repair. The reconstruction process will begin after all mould-contaminated materials are removed. Clean, mould-free materials will replace what was previously contaminated.
- mould Testing. Following remediation, we search for any signs of recurrent water damage, mouldy odors or visible mould to ensure the cleanup has been complete.
Related mould Cleanup Services
Why Choose Rainbow International for mould Inspection and mould Cleanup Services?
Rainbow International is one of the top mould removal service providers in the U.S. and Canada. How did we achieve this? By providing fast, quality, start-to-finish restoration services, following our 17-Step quality assurance system to deliver the highest possible customer experience, including providing real-time status updates to you and your insurance company. Learn more about our protocol and standards of excellence.
Rainbow International mould removal service professionals are fully certified by the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification, the industry’s most demanding standard.
Having mould in your home or place of business can be upsetting. The good news is that our customers learn that there is a rainbow at the end of this. You will, too. Call our 24/7 emergency service line at 888-435-6639or schedule an appointment online. We’re ready to help.
"Happily. Even after."