Fire Damage Restoration
After a fire occurs in your home or business property, immediate attention is required to keep damage to a minimum. That’s because your materials will continue to stain and corrode long after the fire has subsided. Count on Rainbow International of The Woodlands for expert 24-hour fire and smoke damage restoration and mitigation services throughout Spring, Tomball, Cypress, The Woodlands, and the surrounding area.
How You Can Prevent Further Damage
- Make a call before attempting to repair damages yourself.
- Open your windows to get the air circulating and reduce lingering smoke.
- Make sure that kids, pets, and any people are out of the building. Smoke is harmful to our lungs, and it’s important to get away from the carcinogenic gases that may escape during restoration. Find a temporary place to stay until the process is complete.
- If the power is out, immediately empty your refrigerator and freezer. After this is emptied, leave the door open to let the air circulate and prevent odor buildup.
- Take inventory of your house. List all of the items in your home that need to be replaced, and take photographs of the damage. This makes things easier for insurance companies and the fire investigation authorities. It is always safest to have at least 5 copies on hand.
What You Should Leave to the Professionals
Because of toxic gases and smoldering ash, there are some unsafe tasks that are best left to the professionals.
- Refrain from washing down any walls, wood trim, furniture, or absorbent surfaces.
- Do not move or touch upholstered furniture.
- Do not eat anything that has been exposed to the fire.
- Do not use any electrical systems such as the furniture or air conditioning.
- Keep your distance from any appliances or electrical devices until the fire restoration service gives you the okay.
If you’re dealing with the aftermath of a fire, the longer you wait, the more damage you’ll need to correct. So call Rainbow International of The Woodlands right away. We’re proud to rescue and restore fire, smoke, and water damaged homes and businesses throughout Spring, Tomball, Cypress, The Woodlands, and the surrounding area – 24 hours a day.