During these uncertain times, we are here to help.
COVID-19 – Deep Cleaning Services
Water, Fire, and Mold Restoration
Water damage from leaking or flooding can happen anytime. But no matter when it happens, immediate attention is required to keep that damage to a minimum. That’s why Rainbow International of Sugar Land & Katy is at your service 24 hours a day, seven days a week. We’re proud to offer expert water damage restoration and mitigation services throughout Sugar Land, Katy, Richmond, and the surrounding area.
Water Damage Mitigation & Restoration
Water damage mitigation involves reducing or preventing water damage caused by a plumbing issue, a leak, or flooding. Water damage restoration involves returning your property back into its original condition. Rainbow International handles both types of service.
The longer water is allowed to seep into your property, the more damage it will cause. Soaked rugs, damaged walls, warped flooring, and ruined furniture are only the beginning. This is why it’s important to respond within the first 48 hours of flooding; we recommend treating any flooding like an emergency.
As soon as you become aware of leaking or flooding, stay calm and:
- Call Rainbow International of Sugar Land & Katy.
- Shut down all water sources on your property.
- Shut down the electrical breaker before touching, unplugging, or moving wet items.
- Unplug any electrical devices and remove them from wet or submerged areas.
- Place aluminum foil underneath parts of furniture in contact with wet areas to prevent staining.
- Lift any curtains or draperies away from wet areas.
- Lift curtains or furniture skirts away from water and wet areas.
- Remove items that may stain wet carpet such as books, fabrics, shoes, or plants.
Avoid doing the following:
- Don’t use your vacuum; this could result in equipment damage or electrical shock.
- Don’t put newspaper paths on the floor; the ink can stain carpets and floors.
- Avoid walking on carpet as much as possible to prevent damage from spreading.
Our Expertise Sets Us Apart
Here in the Sugar Land-Katy area, not all water damage restoration services are alike. Carpet cleaning companies, for example, can only handle a fraction of the job. Water can travel through walls, under floors, and into window sills. Used on its own, carpet drying equipment will fail to prevent water from spreading through your home.
At Rainbow International, we remove moisture throughout your entire home. Cutting-edge procedures such as Rapid Structural Drying ensure your whole structure is dried as quickly as possible – not just the carpet. We employ moisture meters – specialized equipment that locates water hiding within a structure and invisible to the eye. And we target specific areas with specialized tools that can actively extract water from any part of your structure.
Removing water from structures is just part of what we do. Effective damage control requires removing water from the air as well. Controlling humidity is crucial, as objects and furniture can suffer additional damage just by absorbing moisture in the air. That’s why we employ air movers and dehumidifiers to pull moisture into, and then out of, the air; this greatly enhances the drying process and reduces the possibility that mold will develop.
In addition to drying your property, our water damage technicians can also sanitize and deodorize any affected areas and materials. You can rely on our expertise and top-of-the-line equipment to restore your home and get you back to your life.
Remember: If your property suffers from a leak or a flood, prompt attention is needed to mitigate the damage. So don’t delay. Call the experts here at Rainbow International any time, day or night. Our team is proud to offer water damage restoration services to Sugar Land, Katy, Richmond, and the surrounding area – 24 hours a day.