Water Damage Restoration
Water mitigation is the process of reducing or preventing the amount of water damage that happens after a flood or a permeating leak. It prevents additional damage by taking fast, appropriate actions.
Water mitigation is needed after plumbing failures or when storms cause water to rush into your home. Soaked rugs, damaged walls, warped flooring and ruined furniture are only the beginning if mitigation is not engaged quickly.
Specific steps are taken to reduce property destruction, to prevent further water damage and to restore your property to its full value.
When to Call For Water Damage Repair
Seeping water damage is progressive, pervasive and can mean valuable objects in your home or business may become permanently damaged – especially if emergency response is delayed beyond the first 48 hours.
Water damage is usually caused by a plumbing failure. When moisture seeps into anything of value there are immediate steps that can be taken to reduce the amount of long-term damage that results.
Steps to take as soon as you detect flood damage:
- Remain calm so your thinking stays clear
- Call Rainbow International® (561) 316-8043 immediately.
- Close the water main or shut off any water source so flooding stops
- Shut down the electrical breaker in damaged areas before unplugging or removing any electrical devices from the wet carpet or submerged areas.
- Put aluminum foil under legs or feet of any furniture in contact with wet carpet or water to prevent permanent staining
- Lift any curtains or draperies away from wet carpet or water
- Lift and tack up any upholstered furniture skirts
- Remove books, papers, fabrics, shoes, potted plants or other items that are able to stain wet carpet
AVOID doing these things:
- Use your home vacuum – electrical shock can result, as well as damage to the equipment
- Place newspaper in traffic areas to walk on – newspaper ink transfers easily to wet carpet fibers which results in permanent staining
- Walk on carpet any more than necessary – this keeps damage from spreading to unaffected areas
Don't Delay Water Damage Cleanup Services
Call the experts at Rainbow International Palm Beaches. Shop vacuums or companies with only carpet drying equipment cannot prevent water from wicking up walls, under baseboards and molding or into sill plates. Water will penetrate through floor coverings into subfloors, eventually causing damage to rooms below.
If internal building humidity is not controlled, undamaged objects safe from the original flood damage could be ruined as a result of absorbing moisture from the air. Structures not dried out quickly enough or properly will become a food source for mold, later causing a need for even more professional mold removal services.
Rainbow International’s Water Removal Services
Our flood damage restoration technicians are trained in current procedures like Rapid Structural Drying in order to dry the entire structure as quickly as possible by utilizing state-of-the-art equipment and technology.
Moisture meters are needed to locate moisture invisible to the eyes or that lurks hidden behind walls or cabinets. Rainbow International Water Damage Restoration Service Professionals will guarantee that all wet materials, objects and surfaces are completely dried.
Because we comprehend just how important it is to act quickly in the face of an emergency such as flooding from plumbing failure or storm water backup, anytime there is a potential for water damage, smoke damage or fire damage, you can rely on Rainbow International to provide the quick emergency response and efficient professional services that are on-call 24-hours a day.
Rainbow International Palm Beaches proudly services the palm beach area 24 hours / 7 days a week including Palm Beach Gardens, Palm Beach, Jupiter, Hobe Sound, Tequesta and all nearby communities.
For any possible questions you would like to ask your Water Damage Restoration Contractor, click here. Or call now (561) 316-8043 for your free consultation about how to best approach your water damage emergency plan. Call Rainbow International or schedule an appointment online.