John Gurtler, President - Property Damage Expert and Instructor
- Certified as a Master Restorer through the Institute of Inspection Cleaning & Restoration Certification (IICRC); Master Fire & Smoke Restorer, Master Water Restorer, Master Textile Restorer and Commercial Dying Specialist. Other IICRC certifications include: Applied Microbial Remediation.
- Council certified as a Microbial Remediator through the American Council for Accredited Certification (ACAC). The Council of Engineering and Scientific Specialty Boards (CESB) accredit ACAC programs.
- Other expert certifications include: Insurance Loss Subrogation, EPA Lead Renovation and OHSA-General Industry.
- Certified course instructor through the State of Illinois for Continuing Education classes on fire, water and mold restoration.
- Field experience includes fire, smoke, water and mold damage emergency mitigation and reconstruction; commercial and residential. Inspection & restoration of high-value and precious contents. Microbial and particle contamination testing, protocols, engineering controls and remediation.
- Expert testimony for property damage losses in litigation.
- Recipient of the “Excellence in Leadership” award from The Dwyer Group, holding company of Rainbow International Restoration in 2011.
Bill Ondratschek: Director of Training - Property Damage Industry Expert & Instructor
- 40+ years training experience currently serving as the “Director of Training” for Rainbow International of South & West Suburbs that provides property damage restoration and remediation services.
- Began career in these industries with a major restoration and cleaning franchisor corporate office in April, 1983 as “Technical Training Services Manager.”
- Developed the training program for corporate’s new patented upholstery and drapery cleaning system.
- Coordinated equipment and service program development and training related to truck mount systems, water and fire damage restoration, ceiling and wall cleaning, carpet inspection, ultrasonic cleaning, duct cleaning, deodorization, and mold remediation.
- Promoted to “Director of Publications & Training” in October, 1987 and then to “Director of Franchise Operations” in April, 2003.
- Presented technical background and “how to” sessions at the new two week franchisee orientation institute, also serving as director of the school.
- In 1999 developed and presented three State of Illinois approved insurance CE insurance courses, one on water damage restoration, one on fire damage restoration, and the third on mold remediation. Besides Illinois, as an approved instructor presented approved insurance agent CE courses in eight other states for sponsoring franchisees including South Carolina, New York, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Colorado, and Georgia.
- Collaborated on the research and development of mold issues with Aerotech Laboratories concerning mold inspection, recommended remediation procedures, and post-remediation verification testing. Consulted with franchisees in the areas of mold assessment, job estimation, and on-site operations.
- Participating as an “Industry Task Force Member” of the IICRC S500 Standard and Reference Guide for Professional Water Damage Restoration and the IICRC S520 Standard and Reference Guide for Professional Mold Remediation.
- Worked with many carpet industry organizations that provide cleaning equipment, chemicals, and related training in addition to the carpet manufacturing industry. Started in 1987 as a subcommittee member for the Carpet and Rug Institute located in Dalton, Georgia; served on CRI’s Carpet Inspection Subcommittee and on CRI’s Subcommittees for Carpet Maintenance and the “Seal of Approval Program” for Carpet Cleaning.
- Marketed to Illinois insurance agencies for three years as Rainbow’s “Senior Account Manager” and currently coordinates all development and presentation of insurance CE courses for approval in the state of Illinois.
- Have nine insurance CE courses approved for Rainbow by the state of Illinois including Ethics and Hoarding.
- Approved CMCA® Instructor and Property Manager Hoarding CE course.
- Bachelor of Arts Degree from North Park University located in Chicago.
- State of Illinois certified elementary public school teacher in Schaumburg, Illinois for nine years.
- Past associate member of ACGIH and AIHA (industrial hygienist professional organizations).
Kevin Anderson, Operations Manager - Water, Fire & Mold Mitigation Expert
- Certified as a Journeyman Restorer for Fire & Smoke and Textile Cleaning through the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC). Is working towards a Master Restorer certification for Water, Fire & Smoke and Textile Cleaning. Other IICRC certifications include: Applied Microbial Remediation.
- B.A. in Psychology & B.A. in Business Leadership.
- Played a key role in developing and maintaining operational & Human Resource systems that helped Rainbow International achieve several goals set by the organization.
- Promoted from a Business Development Associate to a Project Manager and again to Rainbow’s Operations Manager.
- Received Rainbow’s coveted “Project Manager of the Year” award for 2011.
- Field experience includes fire/smoke/water/mold damage emergency work; both residential and commercial.
Steve Larranaga, Project Manager - Water, Mold & Wind Damage Specialist
- Certified professional of the Xactimate estimating software. Steve is working towards a Master Certification with Xactimate which is a software solution for professionals involved in insurance estimating of all phases of property damage restoration & cleaning. Ninety percent or 9 out of the top 10 property insurers use Xactimate and identify it as the insurance industry standard.
- Certified through the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration (IICRC) as: Water Damage Restoration, Applied Structural Drying, Stone, Masonry & Ceramic Tile Cleaning, Commercial Carpet Cleaning Fire & Smoke Restoration and Odor Control.
- Performed hundreds of jobs with Rainbow International making him well versed in water, mold, wind, fire and smoke damage restoration.
Ray Marshalek, Project Manager - Water, Fire & Mold Mitigation Specialist
- Certified through the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration (IICRC) for Water Damage Restoration, Fire & Smoke Restoration and Odor Control.
- 15 combined years of customer service and hands-on experience performing small to large property damage losses.
- Field experience includes fire, smoke, water and mold damage mitigation; commercial and residential. Inspection and restoration of high-value and precious contents.
- Primary focus is large loss project management.
Niki Ramirez, Business Development Manager
- Associates degree in Graphic design. Studies included corporate identity, advertising design, and marketing.
- 14 years of experience in sales and the customer service field.
- Certified through the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration (IICRC) for Fire & Smoke Restoration and Odor Control.
- 5 years experience in the property damage restoration industry.
- Promoted from a Business Development Associate to Business Development Manager within one year.
- Honored as Business Development Associate of the year by Rainbow's corporate team in 2015.
- In charge of brand management through social media outlets.