Our team offers over 100 years of combined experience.
John Gurtler, President - Property Damage Expert and Instructor
- Certified as a Master Restorer through the Institute of Inspection Cleaning & Restoration Certification (IICRC); Master Fire & Smoke Restorer, Master Water Restorer, Master Textile Restorer and Commercial Dying Specialist. Other IICRC certifications include: Applied Microbial Remediation.
- Council certified as a Microbial Remediator through the American Council for Accredited Certification (ACAC). The Council of Engineering and Scientific Specialty Boards (CESB) accredit ACAC programs.
- Other expert certifications include: Insurance Loss Subrogation, EPA Lead Renovation and OHSA-General Industry.
- Certified course instructor through the State of Illinois for Continuing Education classes on fire, water and mold restoration.
- Field experience includes fire, smoke, water and mold damage emergency mitigation and reconstruction; commercial and residential. Inspection & restoration of high-value and precious contents. Microbial and particle contamination testing, protocols, engineering controls and remediation.
- Expert testimony for property damage losses in litigation.
- Recipient of the “Excellence in Leadership” award from The Dwyer Group, holding company of Rainbow International Restoration in 2011.
Bill Ondratschek: Director of Training - Property Damage Industry Expert & Instructor
- Moved up to Director of Training from Senior Account Exective in 2016.
- In charge of developing, achieving state certification and presenting insurance agent continuing education courses in multiple states since 1999.
- Instructor for Rainbow's water, fire, mold remediation and ethics courses
- Introducing mold producing causes and remediation steps to Realtor and home inspector audiences.
- Participated as an “Industry Task Force Member” for the IICRC S500 Standard and Reference Guide for Professional Water Damage Restoration and the IICRC S520 Standard and Reference Guide for Professional Mold Remediation.
- Represented the Midwest Association of Professionals (MAP) on IICRC’s Board of Directors.
- Earned various IICRC cleaning, inspection, and restoration certifications.
- Consulted and advised on complex water, fire and mold damage losses.
- Administered comprehensive two week orientation training covering technical, sales, and marketing sessions.
- Collaborated with various industry vendors, instructors, and subject matter experts in the development and roll out of various new service programs.
- Produced Realtor, insurance agent, and consumer target audience newsletters as part of Continuing Education course promotion and service background education.
- Served on Carpet and Rug Institute (CRI) subcommittees for their Seal of Approval carpet cleaning program, carpet inspection, and carpet maintenance.
- Authored multiple equipment and operations manuals and related technical bulletins to promote the latest technology and methodologies for improved service results.
- Bachelor of Arts degree and began career as an Illinois certified teacher.
Tim Snodgrass, Senior Construction Manager - Property Damage Reconstruction Expert
- Graduated from Purdue University in 1988 with a degree in Civil Engineering. Upon graduation from college, accepted a superintendent position with Frank Messer & Sons Construction; a top 400 national contractor.
- In 1989, joined the family business, Orbesen Construction, which was a premier restoration contractor in Northwest Indiana for ninety-six years.
- Completed a four year carpenter apprenticeship program sponsored by the United Brotherhood of Carpenters & Jointers of America. Graduated in 1994 with a journeyman’s certificate. Active union member Local 1005.
- In 1995, went to work for Crawford & Company, the world’s largest independent adjusting company as a property adjuster. In 1998, promoted to the position of Property General Adjuster and relocated to the Chicagoland area to work on more complex residential and commercial property claims.
- In 2001 bought out Orbesen Construction and took over operations.
- Received IICRC Certifications in Water Damage Restoration, Fire & Smoke Restoration, and Odor Control 2001-02.
- Obtained Certified Graduate Remodeler Designation in 2004 sponsored by the National Association of Home Builders.
- In 2004, Joined Remodelers Council, a sub-group of the NAHB, and was chairman of the local chapter.
- Earned IAQA Certified Mold Remediator designation in 2004
- Earned Certified Lead Renovator designation in 2009.
- Have served in the capacity of both appraiser and umpire in numerous claim disputes.
- Member of National Society of Professional Engineers.
- Member National Association Of Home Builders.
- Member Calumet Adjusters Association.
Kevin Anderson, Operations Manager - Water, Fire & Mold Mitigation Expert
- Certified as a Journeyman Restorer for Fire & Smoke and Textile Cleaning through the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC). Is working towards a Master Restorer certification for Water, Fire & Smoke and Textile Cleaning. Other IICRC certifications include: Applied Microbial Remediation.
- B.A. in Psychology & B.A. in Business Leadership.
- Played a key role in developing and maintaining operational & Human Resource systems that helped Rainbow International achieve several goals set by the organization.
- Promoted from a Business Development Associate to a Project Manager and again to Rainbow’s Operations Manager.
- Received Rainbow’s coveted “Project Manager of the Year” award for 2011.
- Field experience includes fire/smoke/water/mold damage emergency work; both residential and commercial.
Steve Larranaga, Project Manager - Water, Mold & Wind Damage Specialist
- Certified professional of the Xactimate estimating software. Steve is working towards a Master Certification with Xactimate which is a software solution for professionals involved in insurance estimating of all phases of property damage restoration & cleaning. Ninety percent or 9 out of the top 10 property insurers use Xactimate and identify it as the insurance industry standard.
- Certified through the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration (IICRC) as: Water Damage Restoration, Applied Structural Drying, Stone, Masonry & Ceramic Tile Cleaning, Commercial Carpet Cleaning Fire & Smoke Restoration and Odor Control.
- Performed hundreds of jobs with Rainbow International making him well versed in water, mold, wind, fire and smoke damage restoration.
Dorothy Rosier, Administrative & Financial Manager
- B.S. Business from Trinity Christian College & A.S. Horticulture.
- 23 years of front-line customer service experience.
- 18 years of financial and managerial accounting experience with 6 of those years in corporate payroll and income tax reconciliation.
- Intricate part of Rainbow International’s three latest business acquisitions. Her financial experience helped identify key complexities involved with the buy-outs that lead to a smooth transition.
- Key administrative role that lead to more efficient and systematic integrations to Rainbow International’s office systems.
- 3 years income tax preparation with H&R Block w/100+ hours course training.
- Zenger Miller, now Achieve Global, Leadership Training Modules certified facilitator.
- Certified QuickBooks accounting training at Moraine Valley Community College.
Ray Marshalek, Project Manager - Water, Fire & Mold Mitigation Specialist
- Certified through the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration (IICRC) for Water Damage Restoration, Fire & Smoke Restoration and Odor Control.
- 14 combined years of customer service and hands-on experience performing small to large property damage losses.
- Field experience includes fire, smoke, water and mold damage mitigation; commercial and residential. Inspection and restoration of high-value and precious contents.
- Primary focus is large loss project management.
Niki Ramirez, Business Development Manager
- Associates degree in Graphic design. Studies included corporate identity, advertising design and marketing.
- 13 years of experience in sales and the customer service field.
- Certified through the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration (IICRC) for Fire & Smoke Restoration and Odor Control.
- 4 years experience in the property damage restoration industry.
- Promoted from a Business Development Associate to Business Development Manager within one year.
- Honored as Business Development Associate of the year by Rainbow's corporate team in 2015.
- Member of Rainbow International's Advisory Council
- In charge of brand management through social media outlets.