Cigarette Smell Removal
It’s commonly known that cigarettes take a toll on our health, but they also do serious damage to our homes. Cigarette smoke infiltrates the smoker’s surroundings. If a smoker has smoked cigarettes in your home, your house and everything in it can take on the odor of cigarettes. Getting rid of a strong cigarette smell can be a challenge. Just when you think you’ve removed cigarette stench for good, it sneaks back up again.
Ready to get rid of cigarette odor in your home for good?
How to Get Cigarette Smell Out of Your House
Cigarette smoke travels through the air and infiltrates every area of your home. Some substances will absorb cigarette smoke more than others, allowing cigarette smells to linger longer. The following surfaces and items in your home are particularly prone to hosting the scent of cigarette smoke long after smoking has stopped:
- Pillows or cushions
To tackle cigarette smoke damage to any of these surfaces, call Rainbow International® at (855) 724-6269. Our odor elimination services, performed by IICRC-certified technicians, can help get rid of cigarette smells and let you breathe easy once again.
Home Remedies for Cigarette Smoke Removal
If cigarette smoke damage is minimal, homeowners may be able to rid their home of the odor with a home remedy. To remove subtle cigarette smoke in your home, try these strategies to stop the stink:
- Charcoal – Use charcoal to purify your home’s air by placing multiple bowls of broken-up charcoal around the affected rooms. Leave them out for several days.
- Coffee Grounds – Let your coffee grounds dry out and place them in the affected areas overnight. Replace with new coffee grounds if the stench persists.
- Baking Soda – Sprinkle the affected area with baking soda. Allow the baking soda to sit on the furniture, rug or carpeting for 30 minutes before vacuuming it away.
- Fresh Air – Air out the affected furniture outdoors, preferably in a protected area like a porch or garage.
- Air Purifier – Purchase a portable home air purifier with a carbon filter.
If, after attempting to rid your home of cigarette smells on your own, you’re still catching a whiff of smoky stench, it’s time to call in the professionals.
Rainbow International offers a full range of cleaning and deodorizing services to help you eliminate unwanted smells in your home. Make odious cigarette odors a thing of the past. Find your local Rainbow International or schedule an appointment online.