Mold Removal and Remediation
Call our 24/7 emergency service line at 855-724-6269 or request an estimate online. We’re ready to help.
If you’ve discovered mold, or are concerned that a slow leak may have allowed it to grow behind a wall or other unseen area, we find the mold, treat it, and do a complete water damage remediation. We put the highest value on open communication and customer service and document the entire mold removal process.
Mold removal protects the health of your family or employees, preserves the structural integrity of your property, and improves the musty, damp smell associated with mold. And we help you get to the root cause of the issue, so the problem is not repeated. Happily. Even after.
“We recently had major water damage due to a washing machine overflow. Rainbow came out to the house on a Sunday night over a three-day weekend and proceeded to take the action necessary to prevent further damage working late into the night. They also completed the entire dry out which took several days and a lot of hard work. Always arrived on time and did what they promised and kept me informed of each step. It was a pleasure to deal with the entire team. I would not hesitate to recommend them for any work of this nature including mold repair and restoration work.
- Frank D.
Health Risks of Mold
About 50 to 100 common types of indoor mold have the potential to create health problems. Due to the health risks associated with mold exposure, it is best to have mold remediation conducted as soon as possible. Though the type of reaction depends upon the mold present, according to both the EPA and CDC all molds have the potential to cause health issues such as:
- Breathing difficulties
- Persistent cough or cold symptoms
- Burning or irritation of the eyes, nose, throat or lungs
- Asthma attacks
- Hypersensitivity pneumonitis
- Skin irritation
- Allergic reactions
- Opportunistic infections in immune-compromised individuals
Common Mold and Mold-Causing Scenarios
At Rainbow we’ve seen it all, and fixed every kind of mold problem imaginable. Here are the most common causes of mold at homes and businesses:
- Slow leaks in plumbing pipes or appliances (dishwasher, toilet, garbage disposal) that are not noticed or visible to the home or business owner
- Rooms or unseen, often dark, areas where humidity is too high and damp air is trapped for an extended period (crawl spaces, basements, attics)
- Flooding events where remediation does not begin inside 48-72 hours
- Cracks in exterior walls that allow water to seep into frame of home or business
- Leaks through roofs and exterior siding
What is Mold Remediation, Mold Removal and Mold Abatement?
Mold remediation, removal or abatement can be defined as the processes by which a room or items are cleaned and sanitized to kill existing mold, stop the spread of mold and prevent its return. Mold abatement steps can also include the removal of water-soaked materials like drywall or flooring and rebuilding using mold-resistant best practices. Mold cleanup is a crucial step in ensuring your home is safe after a water or flooding event.
What, and What Not, to Do If Your Suspect Mold Growth in Your Home
If you’ve just discovered mold in your home or business, or experienced a water event, so you might be wondering what to do next. Mold only needs two or three days to start growing after a flood or other damaging water event. To avoid having a mold problem caused by a water event, check out these water recovery tips and arrange to have the water removed within 48 hours, if possible.
If you’ve just discovered mold or suspect you have some in a hidden place – under a floor, above a ceiling, behind a wall – you need to have it inspected right away by a licensed and certified mold removal professional like Rainbow International.
Mold is usually caused by a slow leak plumbing failure, too-humid indoor air, or a flood that was not professionally remediated.
Steps to take as soon as you detect mold:
- Cleaning with bleach and water, or other household disinfectants will not kill mold. Try to keep yourself, children, employees and others out of the affected area. Attempting to dry the area with a fan might disturb the spores and spread them to a new area.
- If the mold is contained to a room with a door, keep the door closed.
- Call a locally based professional mold removal service, such as Rainbow International. Make an appointment with Rainbow International (available 24/7, 365 days a year at 888-992-4174).
- You may wish to notify your insurance company. Many homeowner’s insurance policies cover mold removal, and many policies require you to report your issue “as soon as reasonably possible.”
Our Mold Inspection Service and Mold Abatement Process
Mold remediation consists of determining the mold’s location and scope, identifying the type of mold, and then safely and completely killing the mold. In a small number of cases where moisture has caused structural rot, it is necessary to tear-out moldy areas and repair / reconstruct.
The first step in any mold abatement process is a thorough mold inspection completed by a mold specialist. There are multiple approaches to actual mold cleanup or remediation. A Rainbow International mold and remediation specialist will work with you to decide on the best approach for your space, depending on variables such as:
- the cause of the mold
- the scope of the mold
- the type of mold
- the condition of the surface affected – drywall, wood, cinder block, cement, etc.
Rainbow’s expert mold remediation includes:
- Mold Inspection. A Rainbow International contractor will come into your home to identify moldy areas as well as the source of the problem. The contractor will then formulate a mold remediation plan.
- Mold Containment. The source of the moisture problem is addressed and the affected area is closed off to avoid contaminating the rest of your home with mold spores stirred up during the removal process.
- Air Filtration. HEPA filters will be used to clean the air of mold spores and other particles. The Rainbow International specialist will also wear goggles and masks to lessen any exposure to airborne contaminants.
- Mold Removal. Building materials and personal belongings in your home can be affected. Since mold is a living organism and deeply ingrains itself into materials to survive, it is best to dispose of anything porous. The safest and most effective way to ensure mold doesn’t return is to remove affected material. Nonporous materials can be cleaned with antimicrobial cleaners and sealants may be used to make treated areas more resistant to water and mold. You may need to have your heating and air conditioning systems professionally cleaned as well.
- Structural Drying. It is imperative that cleaned and repaired items remain thoroughly dry. Remember, excessive moisture is how the issue started. As a result, your Rainbow International mold remediation specialist will likely cover moisture management strategies to ensure your home doesn’t encounter future issues.
- Home or Business Repair. The reconstruction process will begin after all mold-contaminated materials are removed. Clean, mold-free materials will replace what was previously contaminated.
- Mold Testing. Following remediation, we search for any signs of recurrent water damage, moldy odors or visible mold to ensure the cleanup has been complete.
Related Mold Cleanup Services
Why Choose Rainbow International for Mold Inspection and Mold Cleanup Services?
Rainbow International is one of the top mold removal service providers in the U.S. and Canada. How did we achieve this? By providing fast, quality, start-to-finish restoration services, following our 17-Step quality assurance system to deliver the highest possible customer experience, including providing real-time status updates to you and your insurance company. Learn more about our protocol and standards of excellence.
Rainbow International mold removal service professionals are fully certified by the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification, the industry’s most demanding standard.
Having mold in your home or place of business can be upsetting. The good news is that our customers learn that there is a rainbow at the end of this. You will, too. Call our 24/7 emergency service line at 855-724-6269 or schedule an appointment online. We’re ready to help.
"Happily. Even after."