During these uncertain times, we are here to help.
COVID-19 – Deep Cleaning Services
Water, Fire, and Mold Restoration
Preparing A Room For Carpet Cleaning
We have compiled a few things that you can do before, during and after your technicians arrive to clean your carpets to ensure you get the best service possible.
Getting Ready For Your Big Day!
We know you’re excited about clean carpets and we want everything to go very smoothly. So please read and follow these “Getting Ready for Us” suggestions:
- Please write down your comments and apply a “Special Attention” sticker or note to any furniture requiring special care, i.e. weak legs, fragile, etc. that we’ll need to move.
- Please remove any knickknacks and breakable items on any furniture you would like moved and cleaned under.
- Heavily loaded pieces such as china cabinets, bookshelves and home entertainment systems can’t be moved unless they are completely unloaded. However, we do have special edging tools that allow us to clean right up next to the item without you removing the contents.
- Normally we don’t move heavy appliances such as stoves, refrigerators, washers, dryers, etc. However, once again we can edge right up to them and if you remove the front “kick plate” we’ll be happy to even clean some distance under them.
- For your pet’s peace of mind (and ours!) please put them in a safe place where our cleaning won’t disturb them.
When Your Cleaning Technicians Arrive
Before your cleaning technicians will start the cleaning process, they will do a Pre-Inspection which consists of:
- Going over the areas to be cleaned, identifying Areas of Concern, and measuring.
- Calculating the cost to clean and reviewing it with you before beginning.
- Answering any questions you might have regarding the cleaning process.
Areas of Special Concern?
The Pre-Inspection is when you can let us know where they are. No need to be ashamed here, every home has them! Stand tall and proudly say "That's where Uncle Frank tripped over little Jimmy and spilled his eggnog all down the back of the sofa and onto the carpet!" Knowing where the special areas are and what they are made of gives your cleaning technicians necessary information to choose the right cleaning technique.
Don’t worry if you can’t be home during the cleaning. Simply note the various trouble areas, let us know how many notes to look for, and we’ll gladly take care of them for you!
Have You Considered the Benefits of 3M's Scotchgard Carpet Protector?
Your Cleaning Technician has a quick demonstration that will amaze you! Scotchgard puts up an invisible barrier against spills and tracked in dirt. Protecting your carpets means:
- Easier carpet care for you - vacuuming and spot removal yields better results.
- Carpet and upholstery looks new longer - delays permanent damage and increases carpet life.
- Better appearance - greatly reduces ugly traffic lanes.
You don’t have to decide on Scotchgard right now. We recommend you see how the carpet cleans up and then discuss your options with your Cleaning Technician. If you can’t be home during the cleaning, with your permission your Technician will briefly call you at work to discuss your options.
If you would like to learn more before we arrive, feel free to visit our Overspray Protection page.
Special “After Care” Information
Please leave your plastic protectors and/or foam blocks under any furniture we moved and cleaned under for at least 24 hours. If it’s physically difficult for you to remove these protectors, just give us a call. We’re glad to help!
For your children’s and pet’s safety, please do not let them crawl or lay on the carpet until it is completely dry.
We are going to make an Immediate Quality Check Call right after we do your cleaning, just to make sure everything is perfect. You may receive an Email from Demandforce asking how we did. And of course, feel free to like us on Facebook.
Thanks again for your business!
That’s all there is to enjoy beautiful, bright, sparkling fresh carpets!