When your roof is damaged, you know you need to have it fixed as soon as possible. However, delays in repair work leave your home vulnerable to further damage. Don't ignore the potential consequences of leaving your home unprotected – invest in tarp over services until a repair crew makes it to your property.
What are Tarp Over Services?
Problems with your roof can be difficult to spot from the ground. However, because the roof could be unstable, plan to leave an inspection to the professionals. In the meantime, tarp over services prevent your damaged roof from allowing water to leak inside.
Reasons to Seek Tarp Over Services
What situations warrant tarp over services? Consider the various ways your roof could become damaged and require temporary protection until a new roof is installed:
- Severe wind: From windstorms to tornadoes to hurricanes, high winds can cause significant damage to your roof. The faster you make use of tarp over services after wind damage occurs, the less likely your home or building is to sustain water damage from a leaky roof.
- Fire: Your roof could also be damaged from the inside by a fire. The structure isn't safe to enter again until a building official, restoration professional or structural engineer gives you the green light. Until then, a temporary roof cover prevents water damage from entering the mix.
- Property vacancy: Foreclosed and abandoned properties often sustain damage before the residents vacate the premises. Tarp over services are useful to prevent the home from sustaining further damage before a new owner moves in.
- Preventative measure: If windstorms, tornadoes or hurricanes are common in your area, you may choose to cover your roof as a preventative measure. An extra layer of material on the roof can help prevent damage during the storm and therefore stop water from intruding. This preventative measure also saves you from the hassle and expense of fixing a damaged roof.
Benefits of Tarp Over Services
If you know you're going to have your roof repaired soon, why should you bother with tarp over services? Consider the benefits:
- Protect against further damage: This is the primary reason to temporarily cover your roof before the repair is done. A big storm in your area could put increased demand on local roof repair businesses. You might have no choice but to wait several days, weeks or longer to have your roof inspected and repaired. Who knows what the weather could do in the meantime? Cut your losses by investing in tarp over services immediately. It's a small price to pay for a little peace of mind before the roofers make it to your home.
- Prevent loss of insurance coverage: Many insurance providers require you to pursue tarp over services immediately following a disaster. These companies know that temporarily covering your roof is the best way to protect against further damage, so even if it doesn't rain or snow again before your roof is fixed, they may use this as an excuse to deny coverage. Don't give your insurance company any reason to deny your claim – make tarp over services a top priority following a fire or natural disaster.
Contact Rainbow International® for Tarp Over Services
It's possible to perform DIY tarp over services, but why struggle with the hassle of doing it yourself when you can leave the job to Rainbow International? We provide quality roof covering materials and expert installation to ensure proper coverage and prevent further damage to your home or structure.
To learn more about our tarp over services, or to schedule an appointment, please contact Rainbow International today.
For Further Reading: