Even though you occasionally turn your heating and cooling system off, your air ducts are constantly collecting dust, dander, allergens and potentially harboring mold spores that can impact the safety of your home and those living in it.
To keep your home safe from what’s hiding in your ducts, the expert technicians at Rainbow International recommend having your ducts professionally cleaned every 2 to 3 years. Read on to learn more about air duct cleaning frequency and the air duct cleaning process.
Factors that Impact Home Duct Cleaning Frequency
There are a variety of factors that influence how often you should get your air ducts cleaned. If you answer yes to any of the factors below, you should get your ducts cleaned every 2 to 3 years. If you don’t check any off, we still highly recommend having your ducts cleaned every 4 to 5 years to maintain the health and safety of your home.
- Do You Live With ”High-Risk Health” Individuals?
If you have individuals in your home who are at a higher risk of getting sick, the allergens and particles being distributed by your furnace and air conditioner and ductwork impact them quicker. Individuals that could be impacted most significantly, include:
- Babies, infants or toddlers
- Elderly individuals
- Individuals with asthma or allergies
- Even not “high risk” individuals who spend extended periods in the home
- Do You Have Multiple Pets?
The more pets you have, the more dander and fur you will have in your home – and in your ducts. If you have more than one pet, consider getting your ducts cleaned more often. The pet fur and dander can leave a lasting pet smell in your ducts and impact allergic individuals.
- Do You Have Exterior Dust and Debris?
If you live in a high-traffic area or on a dirt road, the dirt, dust and tailpipe soot could be entering your home and settling in your ducts.
- Do You Have High Moisture Content in Your Home?
If your home feels damp or you require a dehumidifier in your home, you could be at risk for mold spores in your ducts. Having mold spread around your home is dangerous. The pros at Rainbow International not only provide extensive duct cleaning services that eliminates mold from ductwork, they are also able to remediate and remove mold from anywhere in your home to keep your family safe.
- Have You Done Recent Home Renovations?
If there was any type of home renovations inside your home where boards were being cut or carpentry or sanding was performed, you should have your ducts cleaned. During the renovation process your ducts were collecting all of the dust and debris, which can impact the air quality in your home.
The Home Duct Cleaning Process
There are many ways your air ducts can be cleaned and a variety of companies who have differing methods. Always expect transparency with our expert technicians at Rainbow International who constantly go above and beyond to help prepare you for you duct cleaning and guide you every step of the way. Here is the home duct cleaning process at Rainbow International:
- Ducts are inspected to make sure cleaning is necessary, to see what special equipment might be needed to clean, and to check for asbestos and mold inside the ductwork.
- Protective covers are placed over all household furnishings and carpets.
- Thorough vacuuming of the ductwork
- Brushing of the interior duct surfaces to dislodge dust and debris
- Pest or nest removal, if necessary
- Removal and replacement of any damp duct insulation to prevent mold growth
- Sealing and insulating all ductwork, if desired
Trust Rainbow International for Duct Cleaning Services
If you are in need of professional duct cleaning services, the expert technicians at your local Rainbow International are ready to improve the quality of your indoor air. Request an appointment online or call (855) 724-6269 to get started today.
If you are in need of heating and cooling services, trust fellow Neighborly® brand, Aire Serv® for all of your HVAC needs. Learn more about duct work, what can go wrong, and why it is important to regularly service your heating and cooling system.