Air Duct Cleaning
Dirt, particles, dust and dander build up over time in the airways that deliver cool and warm air from your furnace or air conditioner. While the EPA has been unable to definitively prove or disprove the notion, it is believed that these particles end up circulating in your indoor air when air blows through the vents.
Rainbow International home air duct cleaning services safely and thoroughly remove dust and indoor allergens from air ducts in your home, improving the quality of the air you breathe.
Indoor air quality is of importance to every homeowner, but especially homes with:
- Young children
- Adults who stay at or work from home
- Individuals with allergies, asthma or chronic illnesses
Rainbow International’s IICRC-certified technicians use the most advanced methods and equipment in the industry and apply systematic best practices honed over 30 years in the business to better clean your home.
We also put the highest value on open communication and customer service, and fully inspect your ductwork before completing a full cleaning.
"I had Rainbow out to my house earlier today. Very Professional and Courteous to my wife and kids while they were there!" – Wesley P.
Signs You Need Air Duct Cleaning
The National Air Duct Cleaners Association (NADCA) recommends air duct cleaning every three to five years. You might need air duct cleaning more often, however, if you have not changed your furnace filter regularly – we’re all busy, we understand – or if you had home renovations completed (construction dust).
It's especially important to hire a professional, respected air duct cleaning service company if you know or suspect you have:
- Mold: If you see mold or other microbial growth on or inside ductwork, professional cleaning is required. Choose Rainbow International and combine the knowledge and experience of our mold removal services with air duct cleaning.
- Pests: Rodents, insects and other pests may decide to call your ductwork home. If you hear scurrying feet or beating wings within the ductwork, an air duct cleaning will help to resolve the problem.
- Excessive dust: Excess dust and debris built-up in the ductwork could cause your home to become dustier. Ask your contractor to use a camera to check inside the ductwork for this problem and show you the evidence before they begin to clean.
Other considerations may include:
- The number of pets in the home. The more and hairier the pets, the more frequent cleanings are required.
- The number of smokers who smoke in or immediately outside the home.
- The area you live in. If you live in a region that is very moist, dry and dusty or with frequent high pollen counts, you should schedule more frequent cleanings.
Our Home Air Duct Cleaning Process
When you hire Rainbow International to clean your home’s ductwork, our local technicians will:
- Inspect the system before cleaning; including checking to make sure no asbestos is present. (If this is the case, special equipment will be needed to remove the offending material.)
- Lay protective covers over household furnishings and carpet to protect soft materials during the cleaning process.
- Vacuum the interior of the ductwork and either exhaust the air outside the home or use equipment fitted with a HEPA filter.
- Brush interior duct surfaces with a soft-bristled brush to dislodge dust and debris.
- Remove animal nests and other evidence of pests.
- Remove any damp insulation that may have caused mold.
- Seal and insulate ductwork. Re-insulate any access doors that were necessary to open for cleaning to take place, and any damp insulation that was removed.
Common Indoor Air Contaminants
The EPA says that indoor air is often many times more polluted than outdoor air. Many of these contaminants get stuck or even grow in the ductwork, possibly getting re-circulated into the air you breathe. According to the EPA, “Contaminated central air handling systems can become breeding grounds for mold, mildew and other sources of biological contaminants and can then distribute these contaminants through the home.”
The most common indoor air contaminants are:
- Bacteria & viruses
- Mold spores
- Pet dander
- Animal and insect droppings
- Dust mites
- Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) from household cleaning products and construction supplies like paints, varnishes and glues
Find Home Air Duct Cleaning Near Me
Rainbow International is proud to serve the residential air duct cleaning needs of homeowners in over 300 locations throughout the United States and Canada. Contact the Rainbow International location nearest you to get started.
Hiring Rainbow International to clean your air ducts? Consider pairing air duct cleaning with our other professional cleaning services:
Choose Rainbow International for Residential Air Duct Cleaning
Residential air duct cleaning may not be considered an “emergency” service, but it’s vital to the health and safety of your family and friends. From pet dander to mold and seasonal pollen, there’s no way to prevent their spread throughout your home without professional cleaning. Don’t wait until next season to clean your air ducts. Trust our 30+ years of experience in the residential cleaning and restoration business. We’ll make your indoor air breathe like new.