September is self-improvement month and Rainbow Restoration would like to help you restore all aspects of your life. As the kids get back in school and things start to get crazy, it is easy to become disorganized and lose focus of your own health. Here are some helpful ways to improve your organization and your life:
- Clean your room and open up the curtains: Just by putting a few things away or clearing the clutter off of the floor will help you feel more organized quickly. Having a clean space will help with focus and natural light can help relax you if you are feeling stressed.
- Make a to-do list: Making a list (and checking it twice) will help you remember all of the tasks that you need to work on and it will feel good to check them off. Lists are the best way for me to stay productive, I try to check everything off in one day, and if I cant, I make sure to have a plan to do it the next day.
- Organize your closet: If you are too busy to organize your whole house, just start with your closet. Seeing a place where your clothes are neat and folded is a great way to begin your day. A trip to The Container Store will offer lots of fun ideas for a clean closet and may even inspire you to organize other areas of your home.
- Utilize the back of your door: A good place to store things is the back of your door. There are plenty of creative ways to use your door for storage; you can hang jewelry, shoes, coats, and many more things. Getting these clothes off of the floor will make your home feel much less cluttered. You can even hang small shelves on your pantry door for spices.
- Drink lots of water: This may sound obvious, but many people don’t get the water that their body needs daily. Try to drink at least eight cups of water each day; a helpful way to drink more water is by carrying a water bottle with you when running errands. Remember: if you are feeling thirsty, you are already dehydrated.
- Exercise: This is not only just a healthy practice, but it is also a way to release stress and make you feel happier. Restore your life by exercising for at least 30 minutes a day. Don’t have time? Any exercise helps.
- Put down your cell phone: This is always good advice. When you put down your phone 30 minutes before bed, studies have shown that you will sleep much better. Even if you put down your phone at any point during the evening, you will be much more productive. You can spend time with your family, workout or even read a book if you just go 30 minutes technology free.
- 12-12-12 Method: This easy and quick method will help you organize 36 items in a short amount of time. First, find 12 items that need to be thrown out. Then pick 12 items that you will give away; finally, choose 12 items that need to be put away. This is a quick way to help your kids clean their rooms too.
Now that you have gotten a start on your personal restorations, if your house needs restoration work done, call Rainbow International Restoration to see what they can do for you!